Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Free Colourization of B&W pPhotos, until 22nd April

alf mcm

For those of us with some time to spare!

My Heritage are offering their colorising program for free until 22nd April 2020. If you have any old black and white {or sepia} photographs, simply upload them to the website at https://www.myheritage.com/incolor and see them reproduced in colour. This is very easy to use. The colours may not be exactly the same those in the original, but the results are still very good. The colourised photos can then be saved for printing or copying, and could probably be enhanced by using a colourizsing programme.

Regards,

Alf McM

HUGH NEILSON ON HORSE.jpg

HUGH NEILSON ON HORSE-Colorized.jpg

This Lovat Scout has turned out well, apart from a yellow tinge to the white dicing on the cap.

DICK DOIG.jpg

DICK DOIG-Colorized.jpg

Regards,

Alf McM

Edited by alf mcm

Good evening,

thank you so much for the information.

regards

michel

Thanks for the tip

Thanks, had some wonderful results!

Roel

Veldgraven-Colorized.jpg

RIR 238 Colorized.jpg

a479078r-Colorized.jpg

Edited by roel22

So far I'm quite impressed with the results. As with any photo-manipulation, what you get is only as good as what you put in. I had the best success with outdoor shots. My indoor/studio photos needed further Photoshop tweaking afterwards. Sepia shots seemed better if they were converted to grayscale before submitting. But all in all, well worth a try.

If anybody is interested in a more customised colourisation service then this could be an option for more difficult photos Marina Amaral. Her recent book (The Colour of Time) is very well done.

Original                                                                                              Submitted B&W                                                                       Colourised

Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by KernelPanic

• 3 weeks later...