Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Snipers Hut &White House

kelly

Good afternoon all

My grandad fought with the KOBR at Gallipoli and I'm trying to trace his entire movements in the Gully Ravine sector

Having landed at X beach their is mention of a snipers hut in the battalions war diary and reading Gully Ravine I see mention of a snipers hut and white house being in the area

Does anyone have a map showing the location of these locations

Regards

Hi Kelly, there a few stone huts in Gully Ravine area so your KOSB reference could be referring to one of these. Do you have a date for that mention as this may help narrowing the area down.

On 21/03/2020 at 20:06, Krithia said:

Hi Kelly, there a few stone huts in Gully Ravine area so your KOSB reference could be referring to one of these. Do you have a date for that mention as this may help narrowing the area down.

Hi Krithia

I have the Border Regiment diary for Gallipoli and on landing at X Beach it states they came under fire on the 27th April from a snipers hut which I believe means there was some form of structure in the fields  around the beach, probably in a northern, north easterly or easterly direction

Moving on to Gully Ravine and Mr Chambers book mention is again made to Snipers Hut and a White Hut, the later being on the 7th May and in which the Essex's were to join the Dubsters which again makes me think some form of both structures 

I'm trying to micro manage B Company, KOBR movements in a step by step approach as to their movements in the area, sort of draw up a plan so any help would be much appreciated

Garry