Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Any idea what this is?

Alanatabz

no idea but it seems to me that these metal parts, might have been arrenged that way on purpose and i am sure that the 4 stones were placed there. any mesurements or more photographs?

Assaf

Where is this former range? 

In my opinion a box or crate implies a square or rectangular article whereas in the photos there seems to me to be a number of small curved segments. The segments appear to have quite a thickness to them that I wouldn't associate with a packing case. Its hard to gauge in terms of scale other than the footprint which could be that of an infant or yeti.

As it is in Aberdeen could it be a long lost piece of commercial fishing equipment uncovered by the wind/tide?

As you may have noted by now I haven't the foggiest either !

Simon

The spikes appear to be rusted bolts/wood screws.  With the metal strap on the "inside" joined by a small steel block/hinge and a rotted away wooden block on the outside. It may be some sort of pedrail system to fit around a wooden gun wheel, but is not the usual arrangement as these systems are usually flat wooden blocks on hinges rather than a curved blocks.

Dimensions including a nominal diameter of the arc generating the curve would be very helpful.