Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Guards Cemetery, Windy Corner: Case #2 - Worcestershire Regiment #5702

laughton

This is a child topic of: Guards Cemetery, Windy Corner, Cuinchy

Alan @thetrenchrat22 is looking after this file, so I will defer it to Alan to update this topic if he wishes

:poppy:COG-BR 2007622: Worcestershire Regiment #5720 with a broken disc must be Private Alfred Wall 15 May 1915 36.S.15.a.6.3

• he is listed with that number also on GRRF 2007323

• as with the other one above, I will need to check that they were actually in that area at that time

The primary documents:

• like so many men here, recovered from the area of 36.S.15.a.6.3
  • south of Richenburg Avenue to the north of Festubert, I propose in May of 1915
  • 5th Brigade of the 2nd Division (LLT Link)
  • they were in the area, according to the 5th Infantry Brigade, at Richebourg-St.Vaast (brigade war diary page 203 of 541)
  • 5 men of the Worcestershire's were KIA on the 14th and only 8 reported wounded on the 15th
doc2007622.JPG doc2007323.JPG

So they are clearly in the area and the additional research should move forward.

• 1 year later...

I have got round to finally looking at this case and submitted a case.  

today, I have been advised that someone has already submitted a case.  

if that’s you, please can you let me know. 

Alan

Alan,

sadly Richard passed away suddenly in September 2020. I've had a look at cases he submitted prior to this but cannot see one for Pte Wall, nor can I see it on the CWGC submitted case list (as of June 2021). If a case has been submitted it wasn't by Richard and must have been submitted post June 2021.

Jon

Jon, 

thank you for your reply.  It was a general shout out to everybody, to see anybody on this forum had submitted the case.  As I know a number of people have submitted cases.  

I know that Richard had passed away.

the CWGC have not updated there list since June 2021.  I submitted a couple of cases in September 2021, looking at the my case numbers.  It was submitted in either July or August 

Alan