Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Repair of WW1 uniform

o j kirby

Hello,

I have a couple of uniform items in my collection that in its distant past have fed the moths. I feel that it would be worthwhile to carefully patch these in order to prevent further damage and to improve the appearance of them in a sypathetic manner. Can anyone advise me on a supplier of material? I would be looking for French Horizon blue, and British khaki serge. Would any of the reproduction businesses supply this, and has anyone out there got any similar experience to share?

Many thanks,

Owain.

6 hours ago, o j kirby said:

Hello,

I have a couple of uniform items in my collection that in its distant past have fed the moths. I feel that it would be worthwhile to carefully patch these in order to prevent further damage and to improve the appearance of them in a sypathetic manner. Can anyone advise me on a supplier of material? I would be looking for French Horizon blue, and British khaki serge. Would any of the reproduction businesses supply this, and has anyone out there got any similar experience to share?

Many thanks,

Owain.

Owain there might be someone who has kept some cloth from a damaged and beyond repair original uniform, but if not, one of the principal clothiers that supplied cloth for the British Armed services during WW1 still exists: https://www.hainsworth.co.uk/military/

Edited by FROGSMILE