Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

“Untouched” EK2

PrussianGarde

My second one. Is a KO piece from a big iron cross collector (he had a few knights crosses and an 1870 with a WW1 spange and 25 yrs if service) and it has an original ribbon. Picked it up for 80 USD

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice untouched cross. I'd be worried about that rust patch though. Very hard to arrest that and reinstate the correct semi matt paintwork.  

Dave

Yeah, I might not do that however, I think it looks nice to keep it untouched, it looks like it was worn. It looks to have some sort of stitching on the original ribbon and it looks to have been taken off a uniform.

I would agree that you paid a fair price. Might I recommend using a light coat of Renaissance Wax on the core for preservation. Used sparingly this will not alter the appearance but will form an invisible barrier and should protect against further deterioration. Although as long as it is kept in a stable environment it should be OK. 

I had one of these minus the ribbon donated to a charity (thrift) shop in which I was working. Luckily I was able to purchase it, for very close to full retail price I might add, but it went to a good home.