Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pair to Pte W Hawksworth Manchester Regiment

Gardenerbill

2 minutes ago, Gardenerbill said:

This pair for sale in Antique centre can someone do look up on CWGC for me to see if KIA

Best guess is Walter Hawksworth Pte.57817. Later 31300 Border Regiment. He survived the war. 

I decided to resist, but if anyone else is interested the medals can be found at Antiques Manchester opposite Old Mill Antiques, Wrigley Head, off Oldham Road, Hollinwood, Manchester. Could be a local lad. 

Mark, problem is you need his serial number, if you get it it may be that he was transferred later , his MIC will confirm.

his medals would have been issued on his initial regiment and he was killed or wounded later

5 hours ago, chaz said:

Mark, problem is you need his serial number, if you get it it may be that he was transferred later , his MIC will confirm.

his medals would have been issued on his initial regiment and he was killed or wounded later

Hi Chaz,

As David posted above there are 5 W Hawksworths on the CWGC none are Manchester Regiments and as per GWF1967 post none are Border regiment. Somewhat academic now as I decided against buying them.