Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

TEmp Sub-Lt Lionel Horace BROOKS Penarth / Jersey RND man

NR72

I am researching a Penarth Man, who was in the Bristol RNVR ,

Lionel Horace Brooks

His address was  43 Clive Place and had a sister Mrs Elliott Young who moved to Dudley Worcester.(at this time) 

Lionel Horace BROOKS

Temp S/LT

Drake Battalion

Official Number BZ/161

DoB 04/04/1896 Penarth Wales

Parents – John and Elizabeth Brooks

1939 - He was a Solicitor working in Westminster his address at this time is 19 Pitts head Mews , he was divorced by this time living with another female called Thora Le Corq

At some point he ended up in Jersey where he finally died

Address Villa Millbrook, St Lawrence

Died 25th February 1974

I have some knowledge that Villa Millbrook was a house of some importance, whether Lionel worked there or in what capacity he was there I would love to know.

I also know that there might have been a nursing home in the grounds so it may have been Lionel was living there before his death, who knows

Any information would be very much appreciated, I would love to see a photo of him

Thank you

Hi NR72

Thora  F Le Corq, nee Jones b.1.10.1912 is on the 1939 register as "Civil Nursing Reserve", may be a connection179011880_1493858775.jpg to Villa Millbrook. The grave register for Lionel H Brooks, St. Lawrence Churchyard, St.Lawrence , Jersey and the grave stone has his date of death as 1977 not 1974.?

Villa Millbrook  in 1937 was the home of Florence Boot who gifted the grounds for Coronation Park after the death of her husband Jesse, 1st. Baron Trent.(Boots Chemists) Lionel's parents emigrated to Canada. Father signed up 1917 records available. brother Doylah John Brooks also emigrated USA died 1952.

Looking. Regards Barry 

Edited by The Inspector

17 hours ago, The Inspector said:

Hi NR72

Thora  F Le Corq, nee Jones b.1.10.1912 is on the 1939 register as "Civil Nursing Reserve", may be a connection179011880_1493858775.jpg to Villa Millbrook. The grave register for Lionel H Brooks, St. Lawrence Churchyard, St.Lawrence , Jersey and the grave stone has his date of death as 1977 not 1974.?

Villa Millbrook  in 1937 was the home of Florence Boot who gifted the grounds for Coronation Park after the death of her husband Jesse, 1st. Baron Trent.(Boots Chemists) Lionel's parents emigrated to Canada. Father signed up 1917 records available. brother Doylah John Brooks also emigrated USA died 1952.

Looking. Regards Barry 

Thank you that's great , I've trawled the newspaper archive hoping to see a picture but nothing 

13 hours ago, seaJane said:

Several records for Lionel Horace Brooks in TNA:   https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_q=Lionel+Horace+brooks+adm

Thanks Jane 

• spof changed the title to TEmp Sub-Lt Lionel Horace BROOKS Penarth / Jersey RND man