Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Frederick Stanley Morris 1901- 52bn Grad 1918

Loraine

Hello everyone, apologies I have listed this on another thread, but read somewhere to start new thread.  

I wonder if you could help me at all. I recently was able to discover my grandfather's army number (he had written it on a census paper). This was the first time we could track any of his service. He died when my father was a lad. My grandfather's service we thought begun in 1925. However when looking closely at an application form he has written a previous serving number that reads 52BN Grad Essex Rifles - his number TR16/47181. Dated 04-02-1917 - 22-031918. From my research I see it was Graduated BN. He would have been 16 years old. His name Frederick Stanley Morris. I am not sure how or where I'd find any information. A cousin of mine told me our grandfather did go to France in the Great War.  I'd be so very grateful for any tips or information. My dad is 83 years old and I would so love to tell him anything about his father. Screenshot_2020-02-05-21-56-14-14.png.d389acdae3922141994e0e68e26932df.png Kind regards Loraine