Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

"Only With Honour" Diaries of medical officer 1915 1916 7th battalion East Surrey Regiment

RegHannay

I have always been led to believe that my grandfathers medals were returned or never requested for. It has just occurred to me that perhaps they were issued and are now in a collection somewhere.

I would be grateful for any information anyone could put my way. (Captain Reginald Hannay Fothergill RAMC January 1915- January 1917)

Hi,

There is a card for Temp.Lt. R.H. Fothergill,MB, RAMC who was  M. I D on 1.1.16 LG Page 65. also a MIC for  R H Fothergill, RAMC but no image on Ancestry. If you can prove they were issued and returned then  the N of K can apply for a re-issue. 

Regards Barry

1 minute ago, The Inspector said:

Hi,

There is a card for Temp.Lt. R.H. Fothergill,MB, RAMC who was  M. I D on 1.1.16 LG Page 65. also a MIC for  R H Fothergill, RAMC but no image on Ancestry. If you can prove they were issued and returned then  the N of K can apply for a re-issue. 

Regards Barry

1 minute ago, The Inspector said:

Hi,

Regards Barry

Thank you Barry, unfortunately Regie is not kin as such, step grandfather through marriage to my paternal grandmother. I am lucky enough to have his diaries parts of which I am at present loading on GWF blog, sixteen entries so far if you are interested in reading them.

Regards

Dave D

Thanks to a member of this forum (helpjpl) I have found that R.H Fothergill's brother -  951 Pte William Hannay Fothergill KEH medals are held in a private collection. Lovely thought that maybe the brother's medals are in the same collection somewhere.