Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Odd belt ? Possibly Naval?

Ypres1915

A friend of mine has this belt he is trying to sell and I am considering purchasing it. He asked me what it was and I am stumped! Looks British manufacture and may be Naval based on the number of rivets? Any ideas?

belt.jpg

belt2.jpg

Edited by Ypres1915

Can we see a photo of the other side of it. I'm assuming there must be part of it missing?

David

looks like a standard/ flag carrying belt with loops to attach sword?? a friend of mine has a similar belt  will try and get photo 

this is Canadian marked c broad arrow and stamped 1917, does not have the loops yours has

regards

Bob R.

20200128_170509.jpeg

13 hours ago, robins2 said:

looks like a standard/ flag carrying belt with loops to attach sword?? a friend of mine has a similar belt  will try and get photo 

Sorry, with all due respect, I just don't see the similarity to flag carrier you posted ? 

Is it - possibly - for carrying a musical instrument of some kind - a drum? something else?

1 hour ago, RegHannay said:

I am thinking Seaman's belt for carrying splicing spike ??

Do you have any photos ?

No sorry, just going by memories. Pretty sure something similar was still being used in the 70s for holding marlin spike and the old chunky seaman's clasp knife (could be wrong)