Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
IanA

'Sons of Victory, 1914-1918' by Alan Nichols

IanA

A booklet (36 pages, no date of publication) found in an Oxfam shop by MrsA in that there London. There seems to be no mention of it in a search of the forum. Not read it yet (only got it today) but wondered whether anyone had come across it. Nichols appears to have been a soldier who was blinded and lost his hands but remained cheerful and recovered well.

Ian

Black Maria

Not read it but Nichols is the chap who appears on the 1930's documentary ' Forgotten Men '.

IanA

Ah - it's a very long time since I watched that. Must go and have another look. I started the book last night and although there's no date it seems clear that he's writing in the late '40s.

Ian

Black Maria

It appears to be quite a scarce item ,only a couple of copies on-line as far as i can see .

IanA

MrsA got it in pristine condition for £2 - I did see Turner & Donovan offering one for £20. 

And you were spot on - Alan Nichols does appear in 'Forgotten Men'. What a valuable document that is!

Ian

Black Maria

Bargain !  Yes indeed it's a superb historical document .