Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

rats alley

BIFFO

any one have a copy of rats alley?,

im looking for the location of Candle Trench,Incandescent trench,I think near Boesinghe Langemarck ish

I have asked people "who know"and they dont know the location of Bolleleele I am told its probably a spullin mistake ,the only place I can think of is Abbelle,but the as far as I know the 10th battalion S.W.B ,no where near

Biffo

the McMaster search is based on Rats Alley

image.png.9b1f1b1bbb7a9617377b219b6c4f0cb2.png

Jon

Biffo

Rats Alley give just one Incandescent Trench at 36NW4 Bois Grenier.....15c,d,11a,b. There is no Candle trench in the same locality, are you expecting them to be together?

Biffo, Incandescent Trench

image.png.3d4bd529517bcba101ac9d5ea2130b9e.png

Biffo, Candle Trench:

image.png.11f7f319cb35bc332f62a02a4f5dda0a.png

Thanks for the link Reg,
I thought it was but for the life of me mine looks totally different. I’ve found out that I have an old cookie that had not cleared itself out, seems to look a bit better now.

Edited by Knotty

Thank you all for the help

John no not together,I am reading thhe WD of 10th batt SWB,places they have been,and I must say what a rubbish wd it is to read,ok who ever wrote it must have been in a difficult place BUT it looks like a lot of it written on weaved kitchen roll :w00t:

• Admin
16 hours ago, BIFFO said:

any one have a copy of rats alley?,

im looking for the location of Candle Trench,Incandescent trench,I think near Boesinghe Langemarck ish

I have asked people "who know"and they dont know the location of Bolleleele I am told its probably a spullin mistake ,the only place I can think of is Abbelle,but the as far as I know the 10th battalion S.W.B ,no where near

Bollezeele? 

top man :thumbsup: