Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Downloaded war diary

BIFFO

I cannot find the techno help forum:angry:

,I have downloaded a war diary from N/A,the only problem  it s very dark,it is in pdf,is there any way I can lighten so I can read,if there is a way of converting it to a word doc would this make the WD clearer ?

any help would be good:thumbsup:

Thank you Johnboy,nope,still the same just bigger,see image,I have downloaded virtual magnifying glass will have to look through that,mind diary starts Dec 1914,I want Dec 1916

WD.jpg

I downloaded your image and zoomed in and set night settings. It was a bit clearer but you don't want to have to do that to go through it. Worth contacting NA and complaining about the quality?

Edited by johnboy

More than a year ago I contacted Kew about a scanned diary that was virtually unreadable. I received a polite apology and was told that the diary would be re photographed. It took a while, but I was then sent a much better and more readable copy. The original was one of the many completed in soft pencil.

It is always worth a polite complaint.

thank you for your posts:thumbsup:

,Keith today I completed n/a survey where it said comments my reply it was dark and almost unreadable,as you say written by soft pencil,so may get a response ? 

:poppy:

Biffo if you have Ancestry the 13th Welsh under the various Infantry brigades 38th Div 114th Bgde for dec 16 is as clear as a bell.