Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Capt F G Crookshank RAMC

ScottB

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has come across anything on a Capt. Francis Graham Crookshank RAMC ? I have plenty of information on him  pre and post war but not too much during his service. I find this chap is a very interesting doctor with a somewhat turbulent life.

What  I do have is in 1914 Crookshank joined  the staff of  the Church War Hospital to assist the British committee French Red Cross in Caen ,North France.  On 20th December 1914 he was made Lieut. in the R.A.M.C. and then Capt on 16th May 1916. 

But the most interesting thing he was involved in was the court martial and execution of 2nd Lieut. Eric Poole which looks a to a miscarriage of justice as the poor fellow was not himself and Haig might have used him as an example to other officers.

Thanks

Hi Barry,

Yes thanks I do, there's quite a lot out there about him in his civilian life as he was reasonably well known in his day for his medical theories and was an author .

Its his RAMC time I'm interested in but I don't know if I have been looking in the wrong places or it just doesn't exist. Got the usual MIC and medal rolls and found a bit on Munk's Roll and an obituary with a reference to his service days.

Scott