Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

unknown collar, help

just

I can see why it's a conundrum.  According to the following linked reference it seems to be a Type I. left side bronze collar disc:   http://hglanham.tripod.com/metalinsignia/collardisk1.html

The style of two letters seems to match most closely the 2-letter designations for a lot of the State National Guards.  However, I cannot see what State it might be, as South Carolina is normally abbreviated SC and South Dakota is normally abbreviated SD.  The only other SA configuration I can find is SATC, which apparently refers to Student Army Training Corps (which seems to be an equivalent of the British CCF as far as I can see).  Perhaps SA was an earlier derivation and meant 'Student Army', but that description does not sit well and seems unlikely.  There is good general information here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/185866-history-of-the-collar-disk/  Perhaps you can post a query at the end of the thread.

Edited by FROGSMILE

5 hours ago, just said:

Hello Gentleman

many thanks for explanations

I had also searched , 

I’m afraid it remains mysterious

cordially

Didier

Hello Didier, I recommend that you post your question again at the end of the thread in the second link that I enclosed above.  Collar discs seem to have attracted the interest of American collectors there.

4 hours ago, just said:

Hello

Thanks again

I'm not member

cordially

Didier

Didier it would be a very straightforward process to join.