Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medals to 3178 Pte W G Tackley

Dragoon

Hello good people of the forum.

I came across these medals for Pte W G Tackley ( image attached ) in a local antiques shop today.

Medals not being my thing, but always drawn to them and find them fascinating, I saw the price of £160 and thought for normal and miniature medals that wasn't bad?? I don't know if that's a good price or not??

So any medal collectors who are interested please give me a shout.

Cheers

Chris

IMG_20191217_105747323.jpg

IMG_20191217_105753041.jpg

Id not pay this much for a similar Coldstream group   15 - 20% too high for me

no idea what capbadges are worth or if this is a collectable unit which makes all the difference 

Edited by Coldstreamer

7 minutes ago, Coldstreamer said:

Id not pay this much for a similar Coldstream group   15 - 20% too high for me

no idea what capbadges are worth or if this is a collectable unit which makes all the difference 

Cheers Coldstreamer, I know nothing about of the value of medals, just thought I'd put it on here and if they were a bargain then someone could have a good deal.

So too higher price, no worries.

I'll stick it on the medal forum, there might be someone after them, who knows.

Cheers 

Chris

just my opinion:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Dragoon said:

Cheers Coldstreamer, I know nothing about of the value of medals, just thought I'd put it on here and if they were a bargain then someone could have a good deal.

So too higher price, no worries.

I'll stick it on the medal forum, there might be someone after them, who knows.

Cheers 

Chris

33% too strong for me - if I were related I'd pay it though!

Wilfred George Tackley. B. 1890. South Cerney, Gloucestershire. 1901 & 1911 Census he is living with his Grandmother.  Occupation. Carpenter.

Overseas 29/3/1915. France. 1/5th Gloucestershire Regiment. T.F.

Married. Clara Luker. South Cerney. 19/12/18. - L/Cpl. 4th Res. Batt. Gloucestershire Regiment.

Discharged. 18/2/19.

D. Gloucestershire. 1958.

Cheers

Good info on this chap.

It'll be nice to reunite them with family

Chris

please bear in mind the family probably sold them in the first place - so long as they are with someone who appreciates them for what he did then thats what matters

at half the price I might be interested, the problem is shop owners think they are worth a lot especially as the anniversaries have just passed, there are plaques offered to £400 but no interest unless there is a family named collector desperate for one. a trio to a KiA would be around the price wanted , that said, if anyone finds any of the men named in my sig, then I would probably pay that or more.:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, chaz said:

at half the price I might be interested, the problem is shop owners think they are worth a lot especially as the anniversaries have just passed, there are plaques offered to £400 but no interest unless there is a family named collector desperate for one. a trio to a KiA would be around the price wanted , that said, if anyone finds any of the men named in my sig, then I would probably pay that or more.:thumbsup:

It’s a bidding war, we’re currently down to £80; anyone going any lower? :lol:  

There are some fantasy prises out there, but if there’s a customer, they’re worth it!

2 hours ago, chaz said:

What names?

2 hours ago, johnboy said:

What names?

Gleed x 6 and a Wheeler by the looks of it!  

I think, some time ago I disabled signatures as I got fed up with 14 lines of what i considered drivel.  Now I can't find how to enable them But as this is the first time I have seen it referenced I will leave things as they are and continue to live in ignorance and bliss 

Thanks GWF,  yes they are the names. I have been looking for years, I was told one set appeared in 1987 but the rest never seen. No family has them, unfortunately 6 were killed or died and to farming/ village families probably gone a long time ago. They would command the high figure and with a plaque upto £300 a set. Of course, more research needed. He was gassed, may add some premium  , I've an interesting budget trip to a corporal that gave evidence to a desertion case ending in execution but does that add value? He is named on papers , not as desirable as the SAD him self but might be to someone , although, you will have to fight the wife for them,  its her interest...