Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

252 tunnellers just got this from auction

arantxa

3 hours ago, Matlock1418 said:

- see also the link already provided above

Ah, so that's what they look like. Thank you, my curiosity is now satisfied.

Brian

i Shall be in Bilbao over Xmas well from the the 28th with my family as we are basques I have been to this cemetery many times but this time was look for the grave stone .... I will give the corner a rub my father in law tells me there weremNy English etc mining engineers here because of the many mines 

Thank you every one for your reply’s I’ve enjoyed and learnt a lot from them 

I see there is a copy of the 37th officers class photo here. http://www.tunnellersmemorial.com/tunnelling-companies/ Gives the location as being in front of the RE Library, Chatham.

You may wish to contact the people on this site who have specific interest. 

Yes. I will that’s a good idea. Well spotted thank you 

8 hours ago, david murdoch said:

I see there is a copy of the 37th officers class photo here. http://www.tunnellersmemorial.com/tunnelling-companies/ Gives the location as being in front of the RE Library, Chatham.

You may wish to contact the people on this site who have specific interest. 

It is indeed the RE Library, Brompton Barracks, you can make out Gordon on his Camel... 

Edited by HolymoleyRE

I contacted the action and asked them if they would pass on my number to who ever bought the other suitcase so we will just have to see eh 

Do you know where the group photo of No. 37 (Tunnelling Officers) Class was taken, please?

I contacted the website. Really nice people the group photo was taken early 1917 scott had come back from Australia to do his bit for England 

You will all be interested to know that through ancestry I contacted great grand daughter I or great great granddaughter who would like all the family photographs and I will copy the military ones for her I think it best if all the others go to family so  all worked out well