Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

questions on RND Antwerp

Snowyred

Good evening all just a couple of questions to help push me in the right direction if possible, firstly are there and records or any non payable sites that would give RND casualty lists during their time in Antwerp.

Secondly on  several personnel records ive come across they had the area code of KW, could anyone enlighten me as to which area these troops came from please. thanks in advance for any imput.

The prefix KW to an RNVR Official No. was given to men who were enlisted into the Army ('Kitchener's Army' - many in KOYLI) and then (usually within days) transferred into the RNVR for service in the 1st (Naval) Brigade of the RND.

7 hours ago, Snowyred said:

records or any non payable sites

None that I know of (TNA, Ancestry, Findmypast all charge). However, ask the questions here and answers may be forthcoming

http://rndantwerp1914.weebly.com/ is my website with a list of casualties in pdf and some more info.

It's by all means not complkete, but it's a starting point.

Any questions, just shoot, I live on the battlefield.

Edited by Niko

Thanks everyone for your help its much appreciated. Ive also stumbled across a site that gives some casualties as well so plenty to be getting on with.