Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MIC - Exam Services ?

Coldstreamer

you suggesting HGM is female  ? or have i misunderstood ?

1 minute ago, Coldstreamer said:

you suggesting HGM is female  ? or have i misunderstood ?

I would say that you have misunderstood.

17 minutes ago, Keith_history_buff said:

WO 329/2353

Other BWM and VM rolls in the same reference item
Lady Superintendent, Royal Army Ordnance Corps: medal rolls CIV/107B. Pages 1. British War Medal and Victory Medal.
Male Civilians, Various Duties: medal rolls CIV MALE/1. Pages 1-20. British War Medal and Victory Medal.
Female Civilians, Various Duties: medal rolls CIV FEMALE/2 (Pages 1-10). CIV FEMALE/3 (Pages 1-6). British War Medal and Victory Medal.
Examination Services: medal rolls EXAM SERV/1. Pages 1-75. British War Medal and Victory Medal.
Church Army: medal rolls CIV/101A; CIV/101A2. Pages 1A-90A. British War Medal and Victory Medal.
Young Women's Christian Association (YWCA): medal rolls CIV/102A. Pages 1A-81A. British War Medal and Victory Medal.
The Salvation Army: medal rolls CIV/103A. Pages 1A-19A. British War Medal and Victory Medal.

Similar groupings in WO 329/2354 & WO 329/2355

He is in the fourth of the seven subcategories in that series. There's about 1,000 MICs, I believe, whereas 290 plus some Senior Service types are on the roll.

thanks

A quick trawl on "Lives of the First World War" returns the following

examination services 312
examination service 12
exam service 6
exam services 258

312 + 12 + 6 + 258 = 588 individuals, so not 1000. Some men may appear more than once, some may not have been "seeded" by a respective MIC.

Pages 44 to 108 (of 326 on the Ancestry roll) with about ten men on each page, and some RN types for the subsequent pages. To confuse matters, Ordnance Corps wallahs seem to have numbers in the 500 range.