Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German Cap

trenchtrotter

Have not been posting on therefor awhile. Here is something new I got recently. German artillery, pioneer or other technical troops cap. NCO cockades. I think Hessian.

IMG_6628.JPG

IMG_6630.JPG

Hi

i thought Hesse’s had two red circles a wide outer and a narrower inner between the white where as Bremen has a large red between the white inner and outer

it looks very nice though 

Edited by Dave1418

Hi Fritz

I haven’t seen this before as the only Shaumberg  Lippe cockades I’ve seen have a blue centre. Your image looks like it’s a period source so very interesting 

Hi Dave,

no, you are right. My source is wrong. Kill it! Schaumberg-Lippe had a cocade as shown in the following Picture. So the cap has a cocade from Bremen.

kokarden 3.jpg

Hi,

I beg to differ w regard to the attribution of the cockade to Schaumburg-Lippe. Neither Knötel/Pietsch/Colas nor Kraus two standard works on uniforms of this period nor other respected sources (Zeitschrift für Heereskunde or the like) have Schaumburg-Lippe with this cockade but with the one mentioned in # 4 with white-red-blue (from outside to inside).

The other factor is, that Sch-L had no  Pioniere  or Verkehrstruppen (black band) as far as I know. Heesen did. So there was no reason to have a Sch-L. cockade on a cap of Pioniere or Verkehrstruppen.

I stand to be corrected.

GreyC

Not Bremen, either. For same reason. No Pioniere or Verkehrstruppen. Hessen remains as only option.

Edited by GreyC

Hello!

I agree with GreyC. Hessen. Artillery is possible too