Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Unknown Royal Scot casualty

andrew pugh

Good Evening All

About 2 years ago I did some research on an unknown L/Cpl of the 1/8th Royal Scots. Eventually i sent my research off to the relevant authorities for them to see.This afternoon i received an email from the JCCC with some great news. I am pleased to say that after what they say was an extremely complex case agreed with my evidence. The unknown Royal Scot now has a name L/Cpl Brunton Smith of the 1/8th Royal Scots, he was killed on the 24/03/1918.The other reason I have created this thread is because I would like to thank all the people on the various Topics on this forum who have me with my questions relating to this casualty.I would also like to thank Geoffs Search Engine because without this great site would have made my case even harder to prove.His family are delighted. Once again thanks you all.

Andy Pugh        

Well done - Nice one Andy!

:-)  :-)  :-)

Well done Andy! :thumbsup:

I was going to marked it as "SOLVED" on the case list, but it was not there (April 2019 list). That makes me think that maybe once the CWGC has given it the go-ahead to the next phase of approvals that the case is removed from the list.

Odd though that Case 272 for Private Frederick Foskett (one of those in the TV show) is still on the list after the JCCC has given approval?

I don't think the CWGC is releasing the updated case list anymore.

Richard