Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

keithmroberts

Balkan breakthrough -The Battle of Dobro Polo - reviews?

keithmroberts

Has anyone an opinion of this book by Richard C Hall. Its on my list of possible purchases and seems to be the only detailed English language account about this battle. I'll probably buy a copy once I ahve worked through a few more titles on the not yet read shelf, but would welcome comments - and also any suggestions of other English langiauge material on the battle.  I appreciate that there might be more by French and Greek historians, but my French reading skills are somewhat basic, and still depend on an O level from 1965, and I ahve no greek whatsoever.

Keith

Gardenerbill

Hi Keith,

I am sure you are aware that there is a chapter on the battle in the Official History Vol II.

keithmroberts

Thank you yes, I'm enough of a tightwad to be reluctant to lash out for yet another book to add to the oveflow in the house. I'm hoping to visit that area next year, so want to be as fully prepared as possible and wonder whether this volume will add much to the OH.

Keith

Edited by keithmroberts

Rockdoc

A bit late to the party, Keith, but I have the book and thought it gave an interesting insight into the opposition. I think I had a better feel for the war in the area, having a viewpoint from both sides of the lines.

Keith