Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Commonwealth War Graves

draperju

Does anyone know how I can obtain data from this site.

I know the basics but for instance can I obtain the names of everyone who died on a day. I can do this for soldiers on SDGW, but I am interested in men from the Royal Naval Volunteers Reserve.

Any ideas would be useful

Draperju

• Admin

If you go to Find War Dead, down at the bottom of the search page is date of death. Click on that and use the exact date of death option. By adding other search terms you can further narrow that search.

Enter the following in the War Dead search: Regiment = Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve;  War = First World War;  Served in = Navy; Date of death = Exact date OR date range.

7 minutes ago, DavidOwen said:

If you go to Find War Dead, down at the bottom of the search page is date of death. Click on that and use the exact date of death option. By adding other search terms you can further narrow that search.

Thank you for your help

6 minutes ago, horatio2 said:

Enter the following in the War Dead search: Regiment = Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve;  War = First World War;  Served in = Navy; Date of death = Exact date OR date range.

Thank you for your help

If you run a search, you will get your list, but you will also see the 'Download Results' Button.

This imports all the data (not just what you have on the CWGC table, but also other casualty details) into Excel which you can manipulate as you wish.

It means you can search one excel spreadsheet once, instead of choosing a casualty, selecting him, then browsing his details, then going back to search results to choose the next  casualty. I think there is a limit of 20,000 records? I may be wrong.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Dai Bach y Sowldiwr