Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2nd London Mounted Brigade Field Ambulance

rob1713

I've have just acquired a photo album put together by a soldier who initially served this unit spanning the period 1909-1916, He was then commissioned and served with the 25th General hospital at Hardelot and then in Germany In the immediate post war period.

I would like to access the war diaries of these 2 units but I'm having trouble locating them on line. I do have an Ancestry account but I struggle with their search engine. Could anyone help with a link for these units please.

The photo album contains nearly 300 photographs and documents. Most of the pictures are labelled and many of the individual soldiers are named. Unfortunately  the owners handwriting is very difficult to decipher so I'm going through them slowly trying to work out the names.

Ive attached one of my favourite pictures from the album showing 2 members of the 2nd LMBFA ( Corporal ?? and Lance Corporal Sidney Bullen) breaking into thier field rations in 1914, I've also attached the annotation next to it if anyone can have guess at the first name.

Im happy to post more pictures from the album or look for any specific names if anyone is interested.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 2 November 2019 at 09:29, Bardess said:

Corporals F Cubbins and Sidney Bullen?

Thanks for that, it does look like a strong possibility.