Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Fuse Setting Tool

DorsetDan

Ah,  Sense of humour failure on the dog front. Apologies.  Keeping all your kit in a ready use bag really does makes a lot of sense.  Until you lose the bag.......!

4 hours ago, Matlock1418 said:

Amazing what different eyes can see with a bit of persuasion - I also now see the 'duffel bag' now (resting on the ground so lanyard is loose) and not an "S"-shaped tool at the bottom of the lanyard.

[The dog was a bit of a ;-)]

Would certainly seem very plausible - tool and bag being kept together, even if perhaps a bit unofficial / out of proper place - perhaps a bit more portable to be kept more easily safely by the gun crew to avoid some other 'half-inching' it.

Yes, I also missed the bag on the ground ( too busy looking for the dog :huh: ) . 

8 hours ago, Gunner Hall said:

I can't see a dog.  But I think i can see a small kit or duffel bag,  to which the lanyard is attached.  I have a vague memory of something similar being used to keep all the small gun tools together.     They should have been kept in the leather case on the gunshield near the number 2. (out of shot)  

Thanks Gunner , yes it does look like a bag on the ground . The fuse keys being used by the gun crew are on lanyards/cords but as you say likely went into the bag or leather case rather than into a Gunners pocket .