Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Roxy0125

ISO Death Penny- Samuel Daniel Watts

Roxy0125

I am in search of my Great Great Grandfathers 'Death Penny'. I have recently learned that it was found in 1980 in a mound of dirt delivered to a home in Red Deer, Alberta Canada (dirt was from Calgary, Alberta).  It was later sold to a collector in Ontario Canada, and then traded with another collector in Alberta. We don't know for sure how the penny ended up in a pile of dirt, but we guess that my great-great grandmother buried the penny in her backyard and after her house burnt down in 1968 the dirt around her house was dug up during the cleaning process. 

I have tried google and posting adds with no luck. Any advise on where to look or who to ask would be greatly appreciated. 

Medal – Memorial plaque for Samuel Daniel Watts. Found by Mrs. Loretta Humbke and her husband in the 1980s  encased in a huge mound of dirt that came along with a delivery of soil to their Red Deer Ab. home. While spreading the dirt in their rear yard they unearthed this plaque and kept it stored away for over 30 years.Medal – Memorial plaque for Samuel Daniel Watts. Found by Mrs. Loretta Humbke and her husband in the 1980s encased in a huge mound of dirt that came along with a delivery of soil to their Red Deer Ab. home. While spreading the dirt in their rear yard they unearthed this plaque and kept it stored away for over 30 years.