Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Trench 11 - WWI horror movie for October

UncleBourbon

While looking for horror movies to watch for this month I stumbled across the recent release "Trench 11", about a small Allied reconnaissance mission to investigate an allegedly abandoned German tunnel system used for experiments in biological warfare. It's free on Amazon Prime so I gave it a watch.

Although the uniforms have issues, the special effects are gruesome and some images still stick with me after a few days. For the most part the cast does well, with the exception of one or two actors.
I also really liked the character of Captain Cooper.

Overall definitely an entertaining movie and one of the few WWI horror movies for the month (other than Deathwatch from 2002)

1184793591_Shortswordbayonet.png.84925ceeea63df86f1998a0eda1afc52.png

Edited by UncleBourbon

not one for horror movies… so I'll take your word on it!!!

M.

16 hours ago, free1954 said:

thanks for the heads up.

No problem! I'd be interested to hear what you think of it if you watch it.

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 19:43, UncleBourbon said:

No problem! I'd be interested to hear what you think of it if you watch it.

gory horror flick. but it did have a trench in it. and a bunch of ww1 guns and equipment.  if it wasn't for my grandsons watching it with me I would have turned it off.

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 05:32, UncleBourbon said:

While looking for horror movies to watch for this month I stumbled across the recent release "Trench 11", about a small Allied reconnaissance mission to investigate an allegedly abandoned German tunnel system used for experiments in biological warfare. It's free on Amazon Prime so I gave it a watch.

Although the uniforms have issues, the special effects are gruesome and some images still stick with me after a few days. For the most part the cast does well, with the exception of one or two actors.
I also really liked the character of Captain Cooper.

Overall definitely an entertaining movie and one of the few WWI horror movies for the month (other than Deathwatch from 2002)

1184793591_Shortswordbayonet.png.84925ceeea63df86f1998a0eda1afc52.png

Interesting screen shot, is the soldier there in the US army?  He has a shotgun which as far as I am aware, the British army did not use in the First World War, with a P.13 bayonet, too. 

Edited by 593jones

2 hours ago, 593jones said:

Interesting screen shot, is the soldier there in the US army?  He has a shotgun which as far as I am aware, the British army did not use in the First World War, with a P.13 bayonet, too. 

He is indeed an American.
There were three Americans, two Englishmen and one Canadian comprising the small Allied group in the movie.

7 hours ago, UncleBourbon said:

There were three Americans, two Englishmen and one Canadian comprising the small Allied group in the movie.

Three Americans , two Englishmen and one Canadian walked into an estaminet ... ( sorry , it's an old WW1 joke )

2 hours ago, Black Maria said:

Three Americans , two Englishmen and one Canadian walked into an estaminet ... ( sorry , it's an old WW1 joke )

...and that's how the fight started. 😁

11 hours ago, UncleBourbon said:

Thank you, inter-allied cooperation at it's best, no doubt.  I shall look for the film and give it a try.

The narrative of the film 'Awakening'  is structured largely by the legacy of World War One.  It is a good watch for this time of year.  You will probably see the plot twist a mile off.

Well I watched Trench 11 last night. Not really sure what to make of it - it was OK, I suppose. As a WW1 picture, as free1954 says above, it had a trench and some WW1 uniforms and equipment, and a plot that was WW1-related. The characters were all pretty stereotypical - the play-it-by-the-book British officers, the gun-slinging Americans, the dastardly Huns and the reliably-heroic Canadian. This was coupled with a Hammer Horror Movie sub-plot which really wasn't very well done. So a bit of a mish-mash. I quite enjoyed it on a very superficial level but certainly wouldn't recommend going out of your way to find it.