Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Another Farrah Brother KIA help needed

Dazscuba

Thanks for all the info found on the previous brother who was KIA. I am researching 7 brothers who are a friends family.

looking for war diaries for 

13th Batt East Yorks Reg for date of 13th Nov 1916 and any link to Ancestry would be appreciated. Hopefully then I can get a trench map for same time.

i know John Robert Farrah, 13/877 will not be in there but to find what was occurring on the month he went missing KIA would help 

thanks 

See here

An attack by the British at Serre on the Somme.

Maps and some reports (some very faint) after Nov Diary - run through unti start of Dec diary. He appears as missing on a list of casualties on page 754 on ancestry

The loses were colossal and run pages 753-760

Some service papers survive

Edited by Mark1959

Reading the diary I sounds horrific with a vast amount of losses in KIa, wounds and missing. The fighting sounds really bad and the mud so so bad.

i believe that this is south of Serre can you just confirm this so I can look at a trench map.

Due to there not being any map ref I can’t seem to find Serre at all. Where is it near so I can maybe get to it from a larger location

Look for Serre-les-Puisieux. East of Bapaume. North of Beaumont Hamel.

The map on page 767 seems to be base on a trench map. See numbers on squares. Looking at the maps looks like we are taking just SE or SSE of Serre.

Cheers Mark found a map and yes sse of Serre as it says on the hand written one 600 yds I believe