Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Kenilworth and the Great War

alastaircox

Does anyone have a copy of the above, by Tall and Sunley 2004? My man is Tookey, the Roll of Honour states that he died "attempting to save his officer".  I have scoured the War Diary and other obvious sources and am hoping the book might expand on this incident.  I will happily buy it if there is further detail.  Many thanks, Alastair

"Private 266230, 1st/7th Battalion, Royal Warwickshire Regiment. Killed in action at Passchendaele 4th October 1917, attempting to save his officer, aged 36. No known grave..."

Copyright Roll-of-Honour.com

Edited by alastaircox

24 minutes ago, alastaircox said:

Does anyone have a copy of the above, by Tall and Sunley 2004? My man is Tookey, the Roll of Honour states that he died "attempting to save his officer".  I have scoured the War Diary and other obvious sources and am hoping the book might expand on this incident.  I will happily buy it if there is further detail.  Many thanks, Alastair

"Private 266230, 1st/7th Battalion, Royal Warwickshire Regiment. Killed in action at Passchendaele 4th October 1917, attempting to save his officer, aged 36. No known grave..."

Copyright Roll-of-Honour.com

Alistair

Susan Tall, one of the authors, is a forum member. Try sending here a message.

TR

Edited by Terry_Reeves