Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The war work of the Hydrographic Department (1914-1918).

seaJane

Admiralty: Technical History Section. 

The war work of the Hydrographic Department (1914-1918). [London: Admiralty], December 1919. - 107 p. ; 30 cm. - (The Technical History and Index. A serial history of technical problems dealt with by Admiralty departments; v.3, pt.22). - (CB 15 (22)).

I have a digitised version to hand should anyone be interested.

10 hours ago, seaJane said:

The war work of the Hydrographic Department (1914-1918). [London: Admiralty], December 1919. - 107 p. ; 30 cm. - (The Technical History and Index. A serial history of technical problems dealt with by Admiralty departments; v.3, pt.22). - (CB 15 (22)).

Morning Jane,

Having recently obtained a copy of an Admiralty chart from the Hydrographic Office, this is something that I would certainly be interested in.  Should be fascinating reading!

Peter.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2019 at 00:47, seaJane said:

Good Afternoon Jane

i too would be interested in reading this. I spent my last 3 years in RN working with Royal Navy Hydrographic Survey Unit in Devonport and to compare modern day wide beam and side scan survey equipment with what was probably little more than plumb lines would be fascinating. 

Lawry

Edited by Lawryleslie

Noted!