Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Philip Evans

I am researching the fallen of WWI from the Rhondda Valleys of South Wales. So far, I have about 1,500, although at least 10% have very little personal or military information. On one of the War Memorials I have two soldiers, both surnamed Llewellyn. One has the initials G.G., the other W.O.
As you know, the C.W.G.C. is a wonderful resource, but is sadly lacking in information about thousands of the fallen.
Can anyone please shed any light on whom these soldiers may have been, it is such a shame to not be able to remember them properly.
Thank you in anticipation.

Incidentally, I strongly suspect the W.O. Llewellyn may actally be Lnce Corporal William David Llewellyn, Lance Corporal, 8th Battalion, London Regiment (Post Office Rifles), Number 371963. Plus he is from the correct place re the War Memorial. I guess even War Memorials have errors.

image.png

Would, Gwilym George Llewellyn 71745 Royal Fusiliers   9/6/1918  Formerly M2/229394 R.A.S.C. buried St Sever Cemetery Extension, Rouen. fit the bill. Now the bit that may not fit born Laugharne Carms., Enlisted at Pentre.

Bob

Edited by little bob