Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Manchester Stock Exchange Memorial Panel

Gardenerbill

Currently leaning against a wall in the Gallery of St Anne's Church, St Anne's square Manchester are the WW1 and WW2 memorial panels of the Manchester Stock Exchange.

The Gallery is accessed via two locked doors so they are safe. This is the WW1 panel:

1632671834_MSEWW1.jpg.80c8b31f5d8baa17b31e3f1f657d8d00.jpg

Edited by Gardenerbill

Thanks for posting.  We have an extensive thread on Manchesters Forum

I'd hoped the Memorial would've found a new home by now.

Tim

ps My Grandfather's cousin was a clerk with the Stock Exchange.  He survived after serving with 16th Manchesters.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the link some interesting posts there. My interest started in response to forum pal @Gareth Davies topic asking for help on behalf of the War Memorials Trust. This started me looking at their memorial entries for Manchester and finding ones where they had no pictures on their website or needed a condition update. I can confirm that the WW2 plaque is there as well and it looks like the Stock Exchange restaurant is due to open in November.

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone . Do we know if the memorial found its way home now the Stock Exchange has reopened as a Hotel ? The hotel looks like it has been sympathetically restored and the memorial would look great back where it belongs

Dom