Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A Record of the 53rd Welsh Cyclist Company

The Scorer

Does anyone know anything about this book, please? 

I believe that it's by Simon, Leaver and Newton, but I don't know whether these are the author(s) or the publisher(s). I've been offered a copy, but before I go any further I'd like to know more.

Thanks.  

Yes, that's the one, thanks. 

It's a pity that the price that it was sold for isn't shown, because this has a bearing on whether I accept the offer! I've looked on E-Bay, and it's no longer there, so that's an avenue closed. I think that I'll have to make contact with the seller again and ask him what he wants.

Thanks again! 

have you looked on ABE books web site ?

Had a quick look through my old Turner / Donovan military book catalogues and can't see a copy for sale so it could be quite a rarity .

4 hours ago, BIFFO said:

have you looked on ABE books web site ?

Yes... no record.

4 hours ago, Black Maria said:

Had a quick look through my old Turner / Donovan military book catalogues and can't see a copy for sale so it could be quite a rarity .

It sounds like it.

I've sent an e-mail to the seller asking how much they want, and I'm waiting for an answer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bookfinder.com is good for collating for-sale copies on various sites.

Thanks, everyone, for your help with this.

I've been in touch with the seller, and he's told me how much he wants for it. However, because of other things, I'm not able to take him up on the offer, so we've agreed to leave it for a while. We've agreed that if he finds a different buyer, then I'll be happy for him to sell it to them rather than keep it for me. It's occurred to me that someone on here may be interested, so if you are, please PM me and I'll pass on his contact details to you.