Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help to identify "missing" words in Service Record.

MERLINV12

I would like some help to work out a couple of "missing" words in GF's records. So if anyone with Service Records could look at theirs, particularly if they are Coldstream Records, and check yours to see if similar entries exist, I would be grateful.

The first is "..................rving with battalion - field" , to put it into context the previous entry is "joined battalion - field",  the one after is "wounded in action - field".

Logic would say it is "serving with battalion", but just wondering if it would be normal to update the record with such a phrase ?? There is an 8 month gap between the "joined battalion - field" entry,  and the "..................rving with battalion - field" entry, so maybe ??

The second is "joined................"a" - Havre" again to put it into context the previous entry is "9 F.A. - admitted GSW Thigh - Field", the one after is "joined battalion - field".

So to summarise, if you can check your records to see if similar entries exist, and fill in the gaps, if not educated guesses welcome.

THANKS.

Edited by MERLINV12

8 minutes ago, ss002d6252 said:

If you can show an image of the actual record it would assist.

Craig

OK, will do, I have already Photoshopped it to death trying to enhance the missing words, with no luck.

GWF Post.jpg

Edited by MERLINV12