Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

C96 Holster

Joolz

This C96 holster was part of a pile of British WW1 & 2 holsters I picked up yesterday. I initially thought it was repro (it's in superb condition), but as I've looked at it in more detail, it's obvious it has some age. It is clearly stamped on the strap and the holster with Hans Romer 1915 Neu-Ulm, and I've seen a couple of similar ones on the internet, but that's no guarantee that it's genuine!

I know nothing about Imperial German equipment, so I ask you guys, is this the real thing or a more recent fake? As I said above, it's in excellent condition, a nice dark chocolate brown leather with no damage to the stitching.

This was part of a job lot of items that I paid a good price for, so I have no idea what such a piece is worth on its own - it's not my area of expertise at all. I don't own a C96 (yet) so I'm debating what to do with it. Some idea of its value and its rarity would help me decide whether to move it on keep it as part of my collection.

Cheers, guys,

C96 Holster 1.jpg

Joolz, I have no idea of the value of your holster but it obviously a very nice piece of equipment. A very nice score for you.

Gene