Jump to content
Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Lady Linda

Photo offers for France and Belgium

Recommended Posts

Lady Linda

Here we go again. We are having a holiday in the UK soon grave-free. But beginning of October we are off to a gite on the Belgium/French border. Alphabetically as my geography is rubbish I never know whether I am in Belgium or France!

Bridge House

Cabaret Rouge

Canada Farm

Chester Farm

Dozinghem

Hooge Crater

Lijssenthoek

Menin Gate

Ploegstreet

Sanctuary Wood

Tynecot

 

Linda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
temptage

Just a slack handful for me please

 

Cabaret Rouge

 

VIII. H. 18 - FULLER, REGINALD JOSEPH
XXX. F. 29 - WHITELAM, LIONEL ROSS
III. C. 6 - WISEMAN, WALTER JACOB
XXI. AA. 17 - CARBUTT, FRANK

 

Sanctuary Wood

 

II. M. 13 - FANTHORPE, JOHN WILLIAM
Special Memorial - BRIGGS, JOHN HENRY (Can find out which of the 2 sections of Spec Mem he is laid, but they are located along the two walls)

 

Merci beaucoup Madame.

 

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BillyH

Hi Linda,

Another generous offer!

Just two for me please, I would like :

Dozinghem :  A.Edwards  :  XV.B.5

Hooge Crater   :   E.Nash  :  VI.C.6

 

BillyH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marilyne
2 hours ago, Lady Linda said:

Here we go again. We are having a holiday in the UK soon grave-free. But beginning of October we are off to a gite on the Belgium/French border. Alphabetically as my geography is rubbish I never know whether I am in Belgium or France!

 

 

Let me clarify that question for you my dear: when your French fries taste really good and you get tipsy after one beer, you're in BELGIUM... if not, than you had sloppy fries and coloured water and that's France... :P:P:P

 

if you're in Ploegsteert, please say hi to Albert French for me (Hyde Park Corner - B.2.)... I try to stop by once a year (kindof adopted the boy ... long story) but won't make it this year. 

Thanks!!! 

 

M. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thetrenchrat22

Linda, 

 

if you could be so kind 

 

Chester Farm Cemetery, Belgium 

 

Unknown Private

South Wales Borderers 

 

Plot 3, Row G, Grave 16

 

Alan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Linda

All on the list !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Linda
4 hours ago, Marilyne said:

 

Let me clarify that question for you my dear: when your French fries taste really good and you get tipsy after one beer, you're in BELGIUM... if not, than you had sloppy fries and coloured water and that's France... :P:P:P

 

if you're in Ploegsteert, please say hi to Albert French for me (Hyde Park Corner - B.2.)... I try to stop by once a year (kindof adopted the boy ... long story) but won't make it this year. 

Thanks!!! 

 

M. 

Thanks for that clarification! The best chips I have had , have been in Ballieul! 

Will say hi to Albert and will remember as  my Dad's name was Albert.

Linda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marilyne
3 hours ago, Lady Linda said:

Thanks for that clarification! The best chips I have had , have been in Ballieul! 

 

 

 

Must have been a belgian-run friterie then...  LOL. 

Havc a great trip! 

 

M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GraemeClarke

Morning Linda,

 

Most generous, as always. Just a few, please

 

Sanctuary Wood

John Charles Joseph NICHOLLS in Grave II.D.28

Joseph Wilkins (CWGC just say a special memorial – placed against a wall, I believe)

https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/478112/wilkins,-joseph/

 

Cabaret Rouge

Edward BICKLEY in Grave III.A.6

Alfred James WHITE  in Grave XXIV.A.6.

William BRIGHT in Grave XXVI.A.9

Gerald Adair SECKHAM in Grave XXVI.A.14

 

Many thanks, once again,

 

Regards,

 

Graeme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Linda
22 hours ago, Marilyne said:

 

 

Must have been a belgian-run friterie then...  LOL. 

Havc a great trip! 

 

M.

Possibly, as it was a mobile van! But the queue by the locals was enormous. I do like Belgium chocolate!

12 hours ago, GraemeClarke said:

Morning Linda,

 

Most generous, as always. Just a few, please

 

Sanctuary Wood

John Charles Joseph NICHOLLS in Grave II.D.28

Joseph Wilkins (CWGC just say a special memorial – placed against a wall, I believe)

https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/478112/wilkins,-joseph/

 

Cabaret Rouge

Edward BICKLEY in Grave III.A.6

Alfred James WHITE  in Grave XXIV.A.6.

William BRIGHT in Grave XXVI.A.9

Gerald Adair SECKHAM in Grave XXVI.A.14

 

Many thanks, once again,

 

Regards,

 

Graeme

On the list.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LiverpoolLou

Hello Linda,

Please could I bother you for a photo of, 102785 Gnr.William Bolton, R.F.A., in Dozingham please.

 

Regards,

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stiletto_33853

Hi Linda,

If possible could you get

Briggs, J, S/17591, plot XLIV.B.6.

 

Corder, J., S/15496, plot LVIII.B.6.

 

both Tyne Cot.

 

Many thanks

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Linda
On 03/09/2019 at 18:44, stiletto_33853 said:

Hi Linda,

If possible could you get

Briggs, J, S/17591, plot XLIV.B.6.

 

Corder, J., S/15496, plot LVIII.B.6.

 

both Tyne Cot.

 

Many thanks

 

Andy

on the list

 

On 03/09/2019 at 18:17, LiverpoolLou said:

Hello Linda,

Please could I bother you for a photo of, 102785 Gnr.William Bolton, R.F.A., in Dozingham please.

 

Regards,

Bill

on the list

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BPC1746

Helllo again Linda,

Could I prevail on you for the following:

Lijssenthoek   George Bertie Goff XI.C.14A

Menin Gate   Charles Edward George Owston  Panel 36 Nd 55

 Ploegsteert.  John James Flynn Panel 6

                      Oswald Mattimore  Panel 9

Thank you

Alison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Linda
On 05/09/2019 at 19:18, BPC1746 said:

Helllo again Linda,

Could I prevail on you for the following:

Lijssenthoek   George Bertie Goff XI.C.14A

Menin Gate   Charles Edward George Owston  Panel 36 Nd 55

 Ploegsteert.  John James Flynn Panel 6

                      Oswald Mattimore  Panel 9

Thank you

Alison

On the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deacs

Hi Linda another great offer and thanks can I have please.

 

 Lance Corporal 17668 JOHN LEONARD CATON, September 7, 1915 Age 27 SANCTUARY WOOD CEMETERY Sp. Mem. Border Regiment.

 

Regards Mike.

Edited by deacs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Linda
On 07/09/2019 at 21:28, deacs said:

Hi Linda another great offer and thanks can I have please.

 

 Lance Corporal 17668 JOHN LEONARD CATON, September 7, 1915 Age 27 SANCTUARY WOOD CEMETERY Sp. Mem. Border Regiment.

 

Regards Mike.

On the list.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Linda

Just to let you know , still one more week to get your requests in.

Linda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mangham1

Hello Linda,

 

I would be grateful for two photos, please:

 

Canada Farm Cemetery - Sjt Herbert Smith, III. F. 25

Sanctuary Wood Cemetery - Pte Ernest Reed, V. E. 6

 

I hope you have a good trip.

 

Grant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Linda
2 hours ago, Mangham1 said:

Hello Linda,

 

I would be grateful for two photos, please:

 

Canada Farm Cemetery - Sjt Herbert Smith, III. F. 25

Sanctuary Wood Cemetery - Pte Ernest Reed, V. E. 6

 

I hope you have a good trip.

 

Grant

On the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
deacs

Hi Linda I've found a couple more if you could please.

 

Pte. Arthur Edward Carruthers. 

Grave Reference XXVI. E. 19

.Cemetery LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY. https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/434511/carruthers,-arthur-edward/

 

Also another in Sanctuary Wood please.

Pte. Daniel Clark 2174, 5th Bn Border Regiment. Special memorial. https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/477606/clark,-daniel/

 

Cheers again Mike.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Linda
On 22/09/2019 at 21:25, deacs said:

Hi Linda I've found a couple more if you could please.

 

Pte. Arthur Edward Carruthers. 

Grave Reference XXVI. E. 19

.Cemetery LIJSSENTHOEK MILITARY CEMETERY. https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/434511/carruthers,-arthur-edward/

 

Also another in Sanctuary Wood please.

Pte. Daniel Clark 2174, 5th Bn Border Regiment. Special memorial. https://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/477606/clark,-daniel/

 

Cheers again Mike.

 

 

 

 

O

On the list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thetrenchrat22

Linda 

 

if im not to late 

 

Sanctuary Wood 

 

plot 5, Row G, Grave 16 

 

unknown soldier, Royal Garrison Artillery 

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
battle of loos

I got the subject wrong.
unlaced message in the right post.

sorry

 

regards

 

michel

Edited by battle of loos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Linda
On 07/09/2019 at 21:28, deacs said:

Hi Linda another great offer and thanks can I have please.

 

 Lance Corporal 17668 JOHN LEONARD CATON, September 7, 1915 Age 27 SANCTUARY WOOD CEMETERY Sp. Mem. Border Regiment.

 

Regards Mike.

 

Caton.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...