Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MIC for Charles Wells

Stephen White

Can anyone tell me what is written just above the box for "theatre of War first served in" please and what it means !!.

Thanks

Stephen :unsure:

post-31-1107449511.jpg

It's an entry for the Silver War Badge (SWB) list, reference F/674 (too small for me to make this out accurately). Looks as though your man was discharged on 7 August 1917. The mother site has a section on the SWB:

Silver War Badge

Gary

Can anyone tell me what is written just above the box for "theatre of War first served in" please and what it means !!.

Thanks

Stephen :unsure:

You can obtain a copy of the Page the SWB list Reference refers to @ the NA Kew{Not on line however}it will give details such as date of enlistment,KR Code for Discharge{& often actual written cause}Regiment discharged from;Age,as well as date of official Discharge.This information is often the most you can hope to find on a Soldier,especially if the Service Papers do not exist any longer.well worth getting if possible.

Thank you both for that information.

I have Charles Wells "soldiers small book" so i know the date he joined and that he was in the South Staffs Regiment.Now with the MIC and what you have told me,all that is left to find out is his reason for discharge and the battalion he was in.Hopefully the SWB list you mention will give me that !!

Thanks again

Stephen

Edited by Stephen White