Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

46th P.K. Company? Welch Regiment

alastaircox

I am trying to interpret a Medal Roll entry to Pte. Morris 17406,  Swansea Pals.  He served with the 38th (Welsh) Division and moved from 14th to the 9th to the 24th Battalions and finally to the 46th P.K. Coy R.E details. Please could someone enlighten me as to what the 46th P.K. Company were? Many thanks.

Edited by alastaircox
typo

Just a suggestion, but in WW2 the Royal Engineers had Field Park Companies & Squadrons, and Assault Park Troops.  15th Assault Park Troop took part in D Day on 6th June 1944.

The Field Park Company provided the workshop and stores elements of the engineer provision for an infantry division during the Second World War, with its equivalent in an armoured division being a field park squadron. Each infantry division had one Royal Engineers field park company on its establishment, which provided the heavy equipment, workshop and stores provision for the division as a whole.

Thanks Travers, I did a bit more research and, as you suggested, (Advanced) Park Company looks the most likely, the 46th being a depot for Field Survey units. 

Just citing what is on the Medal Rolls and Medal Index Card, but yes, noted with thanks. Presumably (from the paperwork) they didn't want to let go of the Welch!