Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The BEF is on the horizon!

joerookery

There is a relatively new online resource that some of you members might be interested in. It is a series of written blogs. I bring this to your attention as we have been going day by day through the German side in August 1914. Currently at 19 August 1914, we are about to make contact with the BEF. This is just history not militaria – this is based around the new book – "German Failure in Belgium, August 1914 by Dennis Showalter and the Robinsons. A lot of nice short history blogs of Germans in World War I. And it seems a lot of people read it and comment with their morning coffee/tea. Take a peek.

Check out the Facebook group German1914.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/464980827680299/

If you do not do Facebook you can also find the blogs in an archive at the following website: german1914.com

www.german1914.com

13 - 19th Aug.jpg

Hi Joe, your Facebook page looks like a great resource, thanks for putting this together and best wishes with the new book.   John Rieth

Thanks John – jump in lots of fun.

I would bet that most people on the site do not know of your book. Great opportunity to share knowledge!

Thanks for the website Joe, very interesting blogs.

Dave

Dave,

If you are doing the Facebook thing just jump in! This is been a lot of fun and the British are about to collide with the Germans. As you can tell this is totally different than what Zuber  lead a lot of people to think about Mons!