Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Identify photo

ronmarsden

In the foreground you can see the distinctive pommel of a Ross Rifle bayonet, so I'm going to go with some sodt of Canadian Scottish unit when combined with the kilts and caps. I'm sure someone will be able to be more specific. 

Actually looking at the cap badge I think the unit is The Black Watch (Royal Highlanders) of Canada. Although I am only viewing this on a phone screen so willing to be corrected. 

I think that's a good shout, certainly looks (on my phone) like Black Watch badge and glengarry - I can't identify any difference at this distance between Scottish and Canadian Royal Highlander versions, though that doesn't mean an expert couldn't, but a Ross rifle would be a very strong pointer for the latter. Their shoulder titles were, I think, a brass RHC: can't make out on my phone if they're in evidence in the photo though?

Cheers, Pat

Yes I agree, looking at the shoulder title it reads RHC and not RH. Also the civilians in the background seem to have a colonial style to their dress.

Ron.

That looks like it. Such a handsome badge. 

I'm with Ron, I can make out a C on the end of the three letter title, so I'd say Black Watch of Canada

Chris