Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Last Post Association contact?

Steven Broomfield

Can anyone assist, please?

My Regimental Association is due to visit later this year and we had 9we thought) booked a slot to 'perform' at the Menin Gate. Unfortunately, an eagle-eyed member of the association checked the calendar and we are not listed. Our Chairman has been trying to contact the LPA through their website and via email but without success.

Does anyone else have any contact details we could use, by any chance?

Ta

Steven 

i dont have any details but ive noticed 

11/10 - Ex-Members of 201 Field Hospital 

19/10 - 9th/12th Royal Lancers

on checking, the group is was supposed to go out with in October, which was cancelled over 3 months ago.  Is still showing on the LPA calendar 

jamie

1 hour ago, robertb said:

You can do it directly here:

https://www.lastpost.be/en/ceremonies/participation

Chairman has but no response so far, or to emails sent to the email address he'd already corresponded with.

3 hours ago, Cheshire22 said:

Steven 

on checking, the group is was supposed to go out with in October, which was cancelled over 3 months ago.  Is still showing on the LPA calendar 

jamie

That's hopeful: they may just not have updated the website.

Thanks all. Our Chairman has tried the website and emailed the chap he was exchangingemails with previously - all to no avail. I suspect the calendar and website are not updated but we'll keep trying.

I'm sorry to hear that.  I laid a wreath last week, booking through the website, with absolutely no problem.

1 hour ago, robertb said:

I'm sorry to hear that.  I laid a wreath last week, booking through the website, with absolutely no problem.

It's not the wreath that's the issue. We have the Pipes & Drums, regimental Association, Serving Company and Uncle Cobbley, T, lined up.

It's very unusual, in my experience, for them not to reply promptly. If all else fails, I believe the Chairman of the LPA, Benoit Mottrie, owns the Menin Gate House holiday apartments in Ypres, so you could try contacting him there.

Ta

August may be a factor, of course.