Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

lt col edger mobbs

BIFFO

As I live in Northampton  for my sins,I should be shot,

I have been to  most of the local memorials to him,on menin gate,seen mobbs name

today I saw a photo of his cross,erected by the crooked hookers,is it in Shrewsbury forrest ?

Edited by BIFFO

thanks for this BTW I live about 1/4 mile from it ,drive by most days,I think it was originally in market sq,now its in Abington sq,in our garden of rest,but I still thank you for post/help,as I said in post 1,I have never seen any thing in local press/radio,all I know is it is nearby where he was last seen,that is Shrewsbury Forrest .

There is a nice local photo of his batt marching past his shoe factory,with all the girls hanging out of the windows waving their hankys ,but I cannot find it.

:poppy:

This website states that his family laid a memorial in Shrewsbury Wood: http://www.flanderstoday.eu/living/passchendaele-marks-centenary-muddy-bloody-first-world-war-battle. As he fell near Lone (Lower?) Star Post, the memorial should be somewhere near there: http://digitalarchive.mcmaster.ca/islandora/object/macrepo%3A66712/-/collection.

I think that LSP is in circle (OpenStreetMap):

image.png.85192a0d28df89243a89fa16a7c96f7e.png

Acknown

Edited by Acknown
More information

Also see this thread.

Acknown

Edited by Acknown

thanks for your help,I had a chap send me photos he took last weekend,as to bunkers I dont know if you have been to gas wood/Shrewsbury forest,but there are about 7 German bunkers still in there,,on the far right as you go in,takes a bit of finding but they are there I have photos some where?

by the photos Northampton saints fans have been about

mobbs 1.png

mobbs.png

Edited by BIFFO