Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

German IR 64

Chris_Baker

Are any of our German army experts please able to give me a potted 1914-1918 history of IR64, which I believe was officially Infanterie-Regiment General-Feldmarshchall Prinz Friedrich Karl von Preußen (8. Brandenburgisches) Nr.64? A friend has a pair of binoculars identifeid as belonging to someone in that unit.

Hello Chris,

there are two books about the regiment during WW1: [Osterroht, Kurt] Gefechtskalender des Infanterie-Regiments General-Feldmarschall Prinz Friedrich Karl von Preußen (8. Brandenburgisches) Nr. 64. Weltkrieg 1914/1918. Prenzlau, 1920, 18 p. and Geschichte des Infanterie-Regiments General-Feldmarschall Prinz Friedrich Karl von Preußen (8. Brandenburgischen) Nr. 64 während des Krieges 1914/1918. erinnerungsblätter Preußen 310. Berlin, 1929, 414 p.

The regiment belonged to the 6. Infanterie-Division throughout the war and was engaged 1914 Charleroi-Marne and Aisne, 1915 Aisne, Artois, Serbia and Hirson-Avesnes, 1916 Verdun, Champagne, Somme and Argonne, 1917 Argonne, Alsace, Champagne, Galicia and Aisne, 1918 Aisne, Péronne, Aisne, Cambrai and Valenciennes.

If you want details about a specific area or time, I can have a look if I can find more.

Regards,

Jan