Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Holiday Snaps

alantwo

It seems a quiet time for members posting on this forum thus I thought I would share a few photographs of our holiday beaches following our recent trip to the Peninsular.

As recommended by Forum members my wife and I stayed with Özlem and Eric at Gallipoli Houses and I’m glad we did. They’re great hosts and we stayed in as tranquil a spot as I think we’ve been on the planet. I certainly can recommend the frozen water bottle; it was particularly a great asset whilst at Suvla.

I’m sure members will know which beach is which.

Regards

Alan

Gallipoli 01.jpg

Gallipoli 02.jpg

Gallipoli 03.jpg

Gallipoli 04.jpg

Gallipoli 05.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It was incredibly calm and peaceful, we were for the most part on our own. ‘V’ Beach was the busiest perhaps a dozen or so families enjoying a sunny day, children playing and swimming in the sea. At Suvla we would pass the occasional car and at West Beach a couple of small fishing boats were moored in the clear water, the owners camping for the summer on the shore. We did momentarily bump into small tour buses at Lancashire Landing and Ari Burnu cemeteries, but at that hot time of year it appears to be a quiet time for visitors, plenty of space for contemplation.

Alan