Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

stripeyman

Re-enactors

Andy A

A few years ago I and a plane load of my soldiers walked of a C130 Hercules that had to make a landing at Luton Airport. We all had SLRs over our shoulders which we kept onto util we got to the 4 ton transport vehicles and no one batted an eyelid, neither airport security nor civilian passengers.Not something we did often but was returning from an an exercise in Denmark on a cold November afternoon.

Andy

Radlad
On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 23:39, stripeyman said:

What interesting comments, thank you.

I ask as a friend of over 30 years and his son,23, attended Tankfest on Saturday 29 June. Whilst queing to enter they were subject to a search of their bags by the security firm employed by the Tank Museum. The 23 year old had his nail clippers, the type you would find in quality C.......cracker, taken from him. They were ticketed and he had to collect them later............

Let us think about this small nail grooming item, does it pose a threat to the public at this event ?

Utter bonkers !

Sometimes, the lack of intelligence possessed by people who write the rules and/or carry them out , positively astounds me. I take it they were also confiscating other types of potentially dangerous weapons such as sharpened pencils, ball point pens, credit cards and shoelaces?

DavidOwen

This has drifted too far from the original topic.