Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

The Liverpool Rifles

IRC Kevin

Apologies for the delay to all who'd messaged me over the last six months, asking when it appear in the shops. No idea what caused such delay with the publishers, but now finally available- overdue by 10 months, but better late than never.

The-Liverpool-Rifles-COVER final.jpg

According to  the small company owned by Mr Bezos:

(But note- an Amazon listing for a new book does not actually mean it can be got- new book suppliers  upload listings in advance of publication-early bird catches the worm, etc.

Hope that helps

The Liverpool Rifles: A Biography of the 1/6th Battalion King's Liverpool Regiment in the First World War Hardcover – Illustrated, 20 Jun 2019

by Kevin Shannon (Author)

Amazon Price

New from

Used from

Hardcover, Illustrated, 20 Jun 2019

"Please retry"

£22.75

£19.84

£21.90

Product details

• Hardcover: 496 pages

• Publisher: Fonthill Media (20 Jun. 2019)

• Language: English

• ISBN-10: 1781557012

• ISBN-13: 978-1781557013

• Product Dimensions: 15.6 x 23.5 cm

On 23/06/2019 at 15:53, daggers said:

Well done.  Price and publisher please?

D

As above (thanks, GUEST). I love those 'Used' sales- it was only released on Thursday!

As above (thanks, GUEST). I love those 'Used' sales- it was only released on Thursday!

Not at all. A pelasure. Now, just get on with a separate book on every other Liverpool battalion..........  If it was published on Thursday, then that has given you 3 days off. Back to work-no excuse for slacking  :wub:

Not at all. A pelasure. Now, just get on with a separate book on every other Liverpool battalion..........  If it was published on Thursday, then that has given you 3 days off. Back to work-no excuse for slacking  :wub:

Sadly, it had been with the publisher for well over two years- the lead time is eye-watering. I finished the successor, the first full history of the 17th/21st Lancers 1922-1993, last November and am well into researching the next, about life and death (well more about death really) in 19th Century Liverpool- only another 25,000 inquest reports to wade through. I had thought about covering the 1/5th KLR, but after four battalion biographies, thought I needed a change of direction.

On 23/06/2019 at 21:23, IRC Kevin said:

Sadly, it had been with the publisher for well over two years- the lead time is eye-watering. I finished the successor, the first full history of the 17th/21st Lancers 1922-1993, last November and am well into researching the next, about life and death (well more about death really) in 19th Century Liverpool- only another 25,000 inquest reports to wade through. I had thought about covering the 1/5th KLR, but after four battalion biographies, thought I needed a change of direction.

Just teasing- I hope the book does well.  Have to say that although modern publishing is pretty smart, it is still quite easy for publishers to make a mess of it-Yours looks to have come out OK.  

On a side note, your other project looks interesting as well-  would you have a thought for looking at inquest reports for the Great War period in Liverpool for war-related deaths- injuries after discharge, suicides,etc??   There was an old thread on suicides-  I had a local casualty  who was a 1914 suicide and the death dates of members of families of other casualties suggests that there are going to be some suicides among them.  You are lucky if you have a good run of coroners reports -lucky in that Liverpool's municipal authorities were good  record keepers ( I speak with fond memories of Hope's book "Health at the Gateway",studied in former years)