Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Warriors' Chapel: A Small Town & The Great War

MKC

My biographical account of 123 volunteers who served with Australian and British forces during the Great War is now available from the publisher, VBW, in either hard or soft back. The book details the lives of the 123 people commemorated in the chapel of St John's Anglican Church in Bairnsdale, Victoria, Australia. It also covers several others associated with the congregation, but not included on the Memorial Board, plus the brief coverage of service during the Second World War of both those on the Board, and their children. 

This is a Print on Demand (POD) book, so although the publisher is located in the USA, printing and distribution is within the country where the book is purchased, hence incurring only local postage rates.

https://virtualbookworm.com/products/warriors-chapel-a-small-town-and-great-war

An Errata page (isn't there always?) and Index will be available shortly once the Warriors' Chapel page is made 'live' on my website: www.michaelkcecil.com

I hope those of you interested in biographies will enjoy this 366 page, US Quarto (8.5 x 11 inch) sized book. 

Mike

Edited by MKC

• 4 weeks later...

A few minor typos have been found (so what book is ever perfect??) and so I have placed an errata page as a downloadable pdf on my website.

Synopsis is also available on my website at www.michaelkcecil.com 

The book includes the biography of the only man I have found that served in combat in all three services during the Great War: RAN, then AIF and finally RFC. Quite a story!

Mike