Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Shoulder Badge

Pesche

On 25/08/2019 at 15:14, royalredcross said:

Agreed that the hat badge is an early WRAF one, but what on earth is the hat  ??  Looks like her father's trilby. 

Norman 

It's standard WAAC issue, it's just been styled that way, clearly a lady with a bit of flair.   Pete.

4 hours ago, CorporalPunishment said:

The shoulder badge in the photograph is Royal Flying Corps. There is no doubt in my mind that she had been WAAC attached to RFC and by the time the photo was taken was in the newly-formed WRAF.  The cap badge is the early pattern one which was similar to the badge of the former RNAS.   Pete.

You are, of course, right about the shoulder badge being Royal Flying Corps. I still do not believe it to be her coat. We can agree to differ.

1 hour ago, Jim Strawbridge said:

You are, of course, right about the shoulder badge being Royal Flying Corps. I still do not believe it to be her coat. We can agree to differ.

Fair enough Jim, one last point to make though, the reason I think it is her coat is because it is done up right over left, woman style.  Pete.

On 23/08/2019 at 12:29, Andrew Upton said:

The top part I am not certain, but the bottom part appears to be a representation of the Royal Warwickshire Regiment cap badge, possibly with the extra scroll of one of the Birmingham Battalions, eg:

Related image

I agree, if you look at it sideways on, it is the Warwickshire cap badge, with something over the top of it, looks like a rifle maybe.

Chris