Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Has Anyone Read ‘Walter’s War’ ?

seaforths

I accidentally got rid of a book a while ago that I would have liked to keep. It somehow ended up in a pile of books that I was trading in. The title of the book escapes me and I’m wondering if this is it. If anyone has read it and can give me the gist of the book it might help me identify if this is the book I intended to keep. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Thanks Graeme. I read similar on Amazon but it might take a bit more info from someone who has read it to ring any proper bells with me. From memory, the book I’m looking for was a personal story such as this and he was eventually captured but didn’t go to Germany. He was retained at the front and worked in a German Field Hospital.

Just had another look on amazon and there’s a ‘Look Inside’ and it has given me enough information to make me think this was the book I read about 6-7 years ago and lost. He was definitely a stretcher bearer for a while and though it says he went to a German camp, it’s not specifying he went to Germany (he didn’t as far as I recall).:

35572663-B6D9-48BF-95A2-1CE3668CF6D4.jpeg.2c297ddbb041bc2882cfc8170e52775b.jpeg

Oh well, I splurged £4 on Amazon for a copy and it’s not the book I’m looking for but given my areas of interest in WW1, I hope I’ll enjoy reading it anyway. Meanwhile, I’ll just have to keep looking for the book that eludes me.